Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Semi Formal

Hey Everybody,

Marty is super excited! On Thursday she is going to her semi-formal dance. Which for those of you who don't know is like a mini prom! She has an adorable dress that is about knee-length. It is black and white inter-lapping circles and matching black and white American Eagle flats! The jewelerry has sort of a special story! Her aunts best friend makes custom beaded jewelerry, so Marty and her best friend went to see her and spent two hours making the prefect combination of stones and beads. Nicky (Marty's best friend) has an amazing aqua dress... that she made herself! She is only 15! (One year older then Marty). And has lovely silver flats... but she has a beautiful pendant necklace that is the exact same colour as her dress along with a matching crystal earrings. But Marty has earrings and a bracelet that are made of white and black pearls. Marty also purchased lovely pearl hair-clips. And of course a new leg shaver! Who wants to be a hairy beast at a very important event? No one that's who!
I wish I could go to a big fancy dance. Even if I did go I suppose it wouldn't work beacuse I have nothing to wear. At least nothing appropriate anyways. Josie would be alright because she has lovely camisa's and skirts. I suppose she would let me borrow them, but they just look so much better on her! Anna Maria has the same problem so we are in the same boat! Maybe I can convince Marty to buy me that cute outfit from the craft store. But on the other hand there is the whole ordeal that I have no where to go. I am a perfect example of the phrase all dressed up with no where to go. I do wish that there would be a "doll ball" but alas there is no such thing.

Emily B.

No comments: